Monday, September 7, 2009

The philosophy of positive reality

Last weekend I had to give my dog away because no one could take care of him since I'm not around all the time, Absy (the dog's name) added some new action in my life and now he is gone.

That same night - Sad and alone - I went up to the roof had a moment with my self, I had a distant view of faraway lights of houses, when it popped to my mind... What about everyone else!!!???.

No matter how sad, poor or lonely you are; many people would love to be in your place because as we all see everyday that life is no picnic , its a harsh human crushing time consuming obstacle Machine, Maybe we don't Fight lions to survive , but we swim with invisible sharks every second, we are never out of reach and we cannot afford not to be available! (or we can't afford to be free!) but have to be thankful because it is our right and duty!.

I'm sure I'll miss Absy a lot and i regret that I had him for a year and never took pictures of him -I don't know why I did that - but I know for sure that I went down from that roof a slightly different person - Hopefully a better one - I hope you do as well !

Yours,
Adi Nashashibi

7 comments:

  1. nice... in fact, amazing!

    well, being sad is an essential part of every one of us, since we all experience bad things in our lives... but sadness really hurts... especially when you have nobody to share your feelings with or when ppl just ignore the way u feel about certain things... i envy ppl that overcome their sadness by themselves, the way u did when u went up to the roof, its a blessing actually... but in all cases; the good thing is that sad moments go away for sure... they just need time!

    am sorry u had to give absy away, am sure you miss him but don't worry about him he'll be happy wherever he goes...

    one more thing, i love what u wrote about invisible sharks, what a perfect metaphor... you are a very smart writer adi, keep going and wish u all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for you kind comment, but I would ove it if you send me your note so I can enhance my writing skills,
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading your posts refresh my understanding of human nature and the harsh environment we are in. we know life is hard, but we always tend to force our minds to forget that fact (call it a surviving method). there are a lot of sad moments and fewer happy ones, but we need the sad moments to show is what is the meaning of happy ones. we can't feel happiness unless we experience sadness. invisible sharks! i love that.. but always remember that you need to be a whale to swim with the sharks

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thanks Rami for this great comment, maybe an invisible whale is a solution!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK thank you all for the comments, im gonna put my thaughts because its an important subject.

    you know that being Alone or Sad or both are different states of mind. meaning, we all can be alone and surrounded by alot of beloving ppl, why is that? simply because we can not speak to them what is going on in my minds or afriad to... so its a state of mind which can also lead to sadness..... and vice-versa is also correct but this time being alone is a physical state because we already will be sad !

    we used to say that Life is sometimes difficult and hard... but I really think its always this way ! which caused being alone and eventually sad.we are too occupied in thinking how we will deal with this life until we reach a state that no one understands us and again ALONE.

    When im alone,I think loudly about solutions and solutions and not for me alone , what I reliazed after sessions of brainstorming that we should look at life in the most simple and different ways to have a feeling of enjoying it and experience the fun of it.

    remmeber that the most small things can kill not a shark or whale to be is the solution (if you want to survive).I think that no matter what kind of creature we want to be, we should survive life by doing great relations meaning If I want to be a sea horse, I would make friends with both the whale and sharks ! baring in mind that they are always a shark and a whale and im just a sea hourse !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you saif for the enriching information I like your realistic but yet positive point of view, and loved the sea horse Idea!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share