Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Spiritual Coffee Story!

Once my friend and I went to a Coffee House, we both ordered cappuccino to go, I noticed that he didn’t put any sugar in his cup when I told him to do so – I thought he forgot to do so!- he answered “ No…This is a spiritual Drink!!!

Let’s say that I have been inspired to write a post about coffee (Passive Voice), I did some thinking and research, and the strange fact was: “Coffee was initially used for spiritual reasons; it became the substitute beverage in spiritual practices where wine was forbidden

Imagine how Much less people would any of us know if it wasn’t for coffee, the photos below tell the story of a coffee bean …


Picture 1 (above) The white Coffee seeds are placed in soil until young coffee trees grow up then they are moved to land plantations.


Picture 2 (above) the young coffee trees are planted in plantations, notice that there are banana trees nearby , this is why Coffee planting countries are also famous for banana, coffee trees are planted in the shade of other trees


Picture 3 (Above) green coffee cherries grow ... don't they look inspiring???.


Picture 4 (Above) Now the cherries became nice,red, shining and Very tempting for gathering, I always wondered why when a fruit or a vegetable is ready to be picked it looks at its best!!!


picture 5 (Above) The gathering has started, the Joy of harvest and never mind the exhausting hard work.


Picture 6 (Above) the nice red shining cherries are peeled, each cherry has 2 coffee beans, can you imagine that this used to be done by Hand!


Picture 7 (above) coffee is processed, this takes huge amounts of water, in places were water is a limited resource a "Dry" method is used.


Picture 8 (Above) coffee beans are slowly roasted with constant motion so all beans are roasted equally , the amazing smell of coffee becomes noticeable , a nice brown color starts to taint the fresh beans , to have shiny beans with an amazing aroma!!!

Finally you can order you favorite coffee ... sit down and relax, each bean deserves to be enjoyed and respected!.



I hope that you won’t use the phrase “Just a cup” the next time you invite someone for Coffee maybe the word spiritual is more honest.

Yours,
Adi Nashashibi

4 comments:

  1. its 11 pm and i feel like spiritually drinking a cup of coffee :) your post makes me realise that this drink is a blessing! And I wonder how would our lives be without it! Ahhh I just love coffee! And I love those pics you added, keep up the good posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't drink coffee at all. but i like your post. great idea using pics..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: and I felit like drinking coffee after I read your comment

    Rami: thank you man, glad you did I thought of doing things differently this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved the aroma of coffee... but my body did not like coffee... the body changes every 7 years so I kept trying... my kinesiologist tested that coffee is good for me now in 2008... I drink 1 or 2 cups a day... but my favourite time for hot coffee is during the night when I awaken... I sleep so well and have lots of dreams... am pleased to know drinking coffee is a blessing for me because it feels like a blessing... thank you for the great website...

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share